debian-after-install is my setup script for Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye). It is ideally run after first boot into a minimal install of Debian.
main.py -h for options.
- Choice of either minimal, server or desktop (with Openbox) configuration
- Upgrade system
- Install extra console and desktop packages
- Optional: Install from a list of packages (More: Generate a list of installed deb packages)
- Optional: Auto-install security updates
- Use zram for swap
- Customize GRUB
- Sudo without a password for
- Optional: Select different keyboard and console-font
How does it work?
sudo apt update; sudo apt install git
git clone https://gitlab.com/dwarmstrong/debian-after-install.git
sudo ./main.py <your_username>
Thanks for reading! Read other posts?
» Next: Nostromo boot noise
« Previous: Remotely unlock a LUKS-encrypted Linux server using Dropbear